Location: Mumbai, India
Wednesday, February 26, 2014 99% of WaterCredit loans are repaid in full. Inspired by this, Water.org welcomed attendees to the 99% Summit: India WaterCredit Forum with leaders from the water, sanitation and finance sectors to learn and collaborate regarding access to safe water and sanitation in India.
Through the 99% Summit, in partnership with the PepsiCo Foundation, we shared experiences, connected and discovered ways to mitigate challenges to improved water sources and sanitation via WaterCredit. Those in attendance played an important role in the conversation to provide access to safe water and sanitation to all.
Presentations from the event:
- Keynote Address (video + PPT) – Sanjay Sinha, M-CRIL
- Findings on India Financial Capital Survey – Dan Luscher, Water.org
- Market Led Approach to Rural Sanitation (video + PPT) – Jithamithra Thathachari, Monitor Inclusive Markets
Panel discussion on stakeholders’ experiences in water and sanitation lending and prospects
- Microfinance Institution's Perspective (video + PPT) – Alok Prasad, MFIN
- Partners' Perspective (video + PPT) – Paul Thomas, ESAF
- Bankers' Perspective (video) – Arindom Datta, Rabobank