2. Water.org Water ProgramsThis Website is distributed internationally and may contain references to Water.org humanitarian relief services and development programs that are not in your country. These references do not imply that Water.org intends to announce or provide the programs or services in your country. All questions about Water.org activities in your country should be directed to Water.org’s International Programs Office. We also recommend that you sign-up for our Partner eNews to receive the most up-to-date information regarding Water.org’s programs or services.
3. Participation in the Water.org ProgramsWater.org manages the Website, which among other things ascribes you and other donors as supporters of a particular village or slum block. The number of donors ascribed to a particular village is a function of the amount of the individual donations and the estimated cost of providing safe water, sanitation and hygiene education to that village or slum block (“Services”). However, earmarking and tracking every single donation would not only increase administrative costs, but could also significantly increase the time and cost to provide these Services to a village or slum. Consequently, Water.org or its local partners often choose to prefund a village or slum in anticipation of future funding. By participating in the Program or otherwise using this Website, you hereby acknowledge and agree that:
- any charitable gift in cash or in-kind (the “Donation”) is explicitly provided as an unrestricted gift and Water.org makes no representation, warranty, covenant or guarantee that a User Donation will be used for any particular geographic region, project, community, village, or person, and
- without notice to User, some, part, or all of any Donation may be used for administrative, governance and program activities including, but not limited to: (i) new partner certification, (ii) partner development, (iii) community mobilization, education, training, and management, (iv) hygiene education and sanitation construction, (v) construction of water facilities, (vi) project monitoring and evaluation, and (vii) general program and informational outreach or any other activity consistent with the mission of the organization.
4. Copyright.The content, organization, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other matters related to the Site are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such matters or any part of the Site, except as allowed by Section 6 below, is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content, document or other materials viewed through the Site. The posting of information or materials on the Site does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials. Some of the content on the site is the copyrighted work of third parties.
5. Trade Marks and Service Marks.“Water.org” and others Water.org, WaterCredit Initiative, Water for Live events are our service marks or registered service marks or trademarks. Other product and company names mentioned on the Site may be trademarks of their respective owners.
6. Limited License; Permitted Uses.You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license (a) to access and use the Site strictly in accordance with this Agreement; (b) to use the Site solely for internal, personal, non-commercial purposes (c) to print out discrete information from the Site solely for internal, personal, non-commercial purposes and (d) stored, distributed or otherwise used for lawful, informational, non-commercial purposes relating to providing humanitarian relief and development programs provided that you maintain all copyright and other policies contained therein. No print out or electronic version of any part of the Site or its contents may be used by you in any litigation or arbitration matter whatsoever under any circumstances.
8. Forms, Agreements & DocumentsWe may make available through the Site or through other Web sites sample and actual forms, checklists, business documents and legal documents (collectively, “Documents”). All Documents are provided on a non-exclusive license basis only for your personal one-time use for non-commercial purposes, without any right to re-license, sublicense, distribute, assign or transfer such license. Documents are provided for a charge and without any representations or warranties, express or implied, as to their suitability, legal effect, completeness, currentness, accuracy, and/or appropriateness. The Documents are provided “as is”, “as available”, and with “all faults”, and we and any provider of the Documents disclaim any warranties, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The Documents may be inappropriate for your particular circumstances. Furthermore, state laws may require different or additional provisions to ensure the desired result. You should consult with legal counsel to determine the appropriate legal or business documents necessary for your particular transactions, as the Documents are provided only as informational samples and may not be applicable to a particular situation. Some Documents may be public domain forms or available from public records.
9. No Legal Advice or Attorney-Client Relationship.Information contained on or made available through the Site is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice, recommendations, mediation or counseling under any circumstance and no attorney-client relationship is formed. We do not warrant or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. We are not a law firm and the Site is not a lawyer referral service.
10. Linking to the Site.You may provide links to the Site, provided (a) that you do not remove or obscure, by framing or otherwise, advertisements, the copyright notice, or other notices on the Site, (b) your site does not engage in illegal or pornographic activities, and (c) you discontinue providing links to the Site immediately upon request by us.
11. Advertisers.The Site may contain advertising and sponsorships. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Site is accurate and complies with applicable laws. We are not responsible for the illegality or any error, inaccuracy or problem in the advertiser’s or sponsor’s materials.
12. Registration.Certain sections of, or offerings from, the Site may require you to register. If registration is requested, you agree to provide us with accurate, complete registration information. Your registration must be done using your real name and accurate information. Each registration is for your personal use only and not on behalf of any other person or entity. We do not permit (a) any other person using the registered sections under your name; or (b) access through a single name being made available to multiple users on a network. You are responsible for preventing such unauthorized use.
13. Errors, Corrections and Changes.We do not represent or warrant that the Site will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected. We do not represent or warrant that the information available on or through the Site will be correct, accurate, timely or otherwise reliable. We may make changes to the features, functionality or content of the Site at any time. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to edit or delete any documents, information or other content appearing on the Site.
14. Third Party Content.Third party content may appear on the Site or may be accessible via links from the Site. We are not responsible for and assume no liability for any mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content on the Site. You understand that the information and opinions in the third party content represent solely the thoughts of the author and is neither endorsed by nor does it necessarily reflect our belief.
15. MonitoringWater.org shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of this Website, including chat rooms and forums, to determine compliance with this Agreement and any operating rules established by Water.org or to satisfy any law, regulation or authorized government request. Water.org shall have the right in its sole discretion to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on this Website. Without limiting the foregoing, Water.org shall have the right to remove any material that Water.org, in its sole discretion, finds to be in violation of the provisions hereof or otherwise objectionable. Possible evidence of use of this site for illegal purposes will be provided to law enforcement authorities.
16. Unlawful Activity.We reserve the right to investigate complaints or reported violations of this Agreement and to take any action we deem appropriate, including but not limited to reporting any suspected unlawful activity to law enforcement officials, regulators, or other third parties and disclosing any information necessary or appropriate to such persons or entities relating to your profile, email addresses, usage history, posted materials, IP addresses and traffic information.
17. Indemnification.You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us and our partners, agents, officers, directors, employees, subcontractors, successors, assigns, third party suppliers of information and documents, attorneys, advertisers, product and service providers, and affiliates (collectively, "Affiliated Parties") harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney's fees, related to your violation of this Agreement or use of the Site, including any liabilities in connection with state or federal taxes.
18. Nontransferable.Your right to use the Site is not transferable or assignable. Any password or right given to you to obtain information or documents is not transferable or assignable.
19.Disclaimer.THE INFORMATION, CONTENT AND DOCUMENTS FROM OR THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS," "AS AVAILABLE," WITH “ALL FAULTS”, AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. WE AND OUR AFFILIATED PARTIES HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR YOUR USE OF ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICE, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 20(b). IN PARTICULAR, BUT NOT AS A LIMITATION THEREOF, WE AND OUR AFFILIATED PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE NEGATION AND LIMITATION OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN US AND YOU. THIS SITE AND THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION PRESENTED WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US THROUGH THE SITE OR OTHERWISE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT. ALL RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY VIRUSES CONTAINED WITHIN THE ELECTRONIC FILE CONTAINING A FORM OR DOCUMENT IS DISCLAIMED.
20. Limitation of Liability
- We and any Affiliated Party shall not be liable for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage of any kind resulting in any way from (a) any errors in or omissions from the Site or any services or products obtainable therefrom, (b) the unavailability or interruption of the Site or any features thereof, (c) your use of the Site, (d) the content contained on the Site, or (e) any delay or failure in performance beyond the control of a Covered Party.
- THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF US AND THE AFFILIATED PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SITE AND/OR THE PRODUCTS, INFORMATION, DOCUMENTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED HEREIN OR HEREBY SHALL NOT EXCEED $100 AND THAT AMOUNT SHALL BE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER REMEDIES WHICH YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST US AND ANY AFFILIATED PARTY.
23. Payments.You represent and warrant that if you are donating to Water.org that (i) any credit information you supply is true and complete, (ii) charges incurred by you will be honored by your credit card company, and (iii) you will pay the charges incurred by you at the posted prices, including any applicable taxes.
24. Securities Laws.The Site may include statements concerning our operations, prospects, strategies, financial condition, future economic performance, as well as our intentions, plans and objectives (particularly with respect to providing humanitarian relief and development programs), that are forward-looking statements. These statements are based upon a number of assumptions and estimates which are subject to significant uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. When used on our Site, words like "anticipates," "expects," "believes," "estimates," "seeks," "plans," "intends," "will" and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements designed to fall within securities law safe harbors for forward-looking statements. The Site and the information contained herein does not constitute an offer or a solicitation of an offer for sale of any securities. None of the information contained herein is intended to be, and shall not be deemed to be, incorporated into any of our securities-related filings or documents.
25. Links to other Web Sites.The Site contains links to other Web sites. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions express in such Web sites, and such Web sites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Inclusion of any linked Web site on our Site does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked Web site by us. If you decide to leave our Site and access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
26. Copyrights and Copyright Agents.We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. Our Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site can be reached by directing an e-mail to the Copyright Agent at info@Water.org.
27. Information and Press Releases.The Site contains information and press releases about us. We disclaim any duty or obligation to update this information or any press releases. Information about companies other than ours contained in the press release or otherwise, should not be relied upon as being provided or endorsed by us.
28. Legal Compliance.You agree to comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of the Site and the Content and Materials provided therein. The information at www.water.org describes many of Water.org’s activities, though not all. Contributions are used to support Water.org’s programs worldwide, wherever Water.org determines the need is greatest. Donor contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law, and donors receive no goods or services in return for their donations unless their acknowledgement so specifies. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT OR ON THE SITE SHALL BE CONSTRUED AS PROFESSIONAL TAX, LEGAL OR OTHER ADVICE. YOU MUST CONSULT WITH YOUR OWN TAX, LEGAL, OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL REGARDING THE IMPLICATIONS OF YOUR DONATIONS AND USE OF THE SITE. A copy of our latest financial report may be obtained online, by calling Water.org at 1-913-312-8600, or by writing directly to Water.org, PO Box 22680, Kansas City, MO 64113-0680. If you are a resident of the following states, you may obtain information by contacting: FLORIDA: A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling 1-800-435-7352, toll-free within the State. FL Registration #: CH9648. MARYLAND: Copies of documents and information submitted by Water.org are available for the cost of copies and postage from the Secretary of State, Statehouse, Annapolis, MD 21401, 1-800-825-4510. MICHIGAN: Water.org’s Michigan license number is MICS 27234. NEW JERSEY: Information filed with the Attorney General concerning this charitable solicitation may be obtained from the Attorney General of the State of New Jersey by calling 973-504-6215. NEW YORK: New York residents may obtain a copy of Water.org’s annual report by writing to the Office of the Attorney General, Department of Law, Charities Bureau, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271. NORTH CAROLINA: Financial information about Water.org and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 888-830-4989. PENNSYLVANIA: The official registration and financial information of Water.org may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement. VIRGINIA: A financial statement for the most recent fiscal year is available upon request from the Division of Consumer Services, PO Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23209, 1-804-786-1343. WASHINGTON: You may obtain additional financial disclosure information by contacting the Secretary of State at 1-800-332-GIVE. WEST VIRGINIA: West Virginia residents may obtain a summary of the registration and financial documents from the Secretary of State, State Capitol, Charleston, WV 25305. REGISTRATION WITHIN A STATE AGENCY DOES NOT CONSTITUTE OR IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THAT STATE
29. Miscellaneous.This Agreement shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in State of North Carolina United States of America, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina (without regard to conflict of law principles). Any cause of action by you with respect to the Site (and/or any information, Documents, products or services related thereto) must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred. All actions shall be subject to the limitations set forth in Section 19 and Section 20. The language in this Agreement shall be interpreted as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against any party. This Agreement and all incorporated agreements and your information may be automatically assigned by us in our sole discretion to a third party in the event of an acquisition, sale or merger. Should any part of this Agreement be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Site is in conflict or inconsistent with this Agreement, this Agreement shall take precedence. Our failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision. Our rights under this Agreement shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
30. Arbitration.Any legal controversy or legal claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement or our services, excluding legal action taken by us to collect or recover damages for, or obtain any injunction relating to, Site operations, intellectual property, and our services, shall be settled solely by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of JAMS. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in San Francisco, California, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. Either you or us may seek any interim or preliminary relief from a court of competent jurisdiction in San Francisco, California necessary to protect the rights or property of you and us pending the completion of arbitration. Each party shall bear one-half of the arbitration fees and costs incurred through JAMS.
Digital Millennium Copyright (“DMCA”) NoticeWe believe in preventing and deterring unauthorized infringement of copyrighted materials. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or that there is infringing material available through the Services, please notify our copyright agent, pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”). For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information in writing:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on our website;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.