Brand Partnerships Lead
Reports to: Head of Brand Partnerships
Location: New York
Effective: July 19, 2018
844 million people – about one in nine – lack access to safe water. 2.3 billion people don’t have access to a toilet. We are working every day to change this. We are Water.org. We’re here to bring water and sanitation to the world. We want to make it safe, accessible and cost-effective because we believe that water is the way to empowering a bright future that we can all share in, worldwide. We are an international nonprofit organization based in Kansas City, Missouri that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world through access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, we pioneer market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis. For more than 25 years, we’ve been providing women hope, children health and families a future.
The Brand Partnerships team at Water.org develops collaborations with leading corporations to drive awareness of the global water crisis, promote Water.org, engage consumer audiences, and raise funds to support our mission. As a key revenue driver for the organization we have aggressive goals to reach, and the success we’ve achieved with our inaugural Stella Artois partnership has opened the doors to many new opportunities for us. We are looking for a strong leader, executor and revenue generator to help us build from this foundation and grow this new cross-country team.
The Brand Partnerships Lead will solicit, develop and execute corporate partnerships to help us expand our portfolio and achieve our annual revenue objectives. This position will be based in New York, NY and reports to the head of the Brand Partnerships department, who is based in Los Angeles.
The ideal candidate for the Brand Partnerships Lead role has senior-level integrated marketing executive experience with proven success in orchestrating and stewarding large-scale, high-profile, multi-platform partnerships and campaigns. He/she is adept at leading across disciplines, seniority levels and cultures, operating with minimal supervision, and seamlessly delivering high-quality results.
Partner Management + Recruitment
- Leads existing brand partnerships.
- Identifies, solicits and cultivates new target partners.
Partnership Development + Execution
- Collaborates closely with cross-functional external and internal teams who are based both throughout the U.S. and overseas.
- Designs compelling programs to engage potential brand partners.
- Negotiates terms of agreement to secure contracts.
- Leads activation of secured partnerships.
- Develops multi-platform content to align with Water.org priorities, messaging + protocols.
- Assists head of department with filming initiatives, both domestic and international.
- Manages partnership budgets and billing.
- Attends conferences and other events on behalf of Brand Partnerships department.
- Supervises and mentors Brand Partnerships Specialist and Marketing Associate. (Shared responsibility with head of department.)
- Individual contributor with no subordinates.
- Indirect supervision and mentorship of other members of the Brand Partnerships team.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Some duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and competencies
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages Ambiguity – Manages ambiguity by operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Financial Stewardship –Demonstrates fiscally responsible decision making as applicable to one’s role.
- Instills Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Nimble Learning – Actively learning through experimentation when talking new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus but not required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in integrated consumer marketing/advertising and sales/business development positions, ideally at high-profile companies/organizations.
- Strong track record of soliciting and managing large-scale, multimillion-dollar partnerships.
- Hands-on fluency with brand, agency, media, creative production and VIP/talent engagement processes and protocols.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of presentation, CRM, research and other planning/measurement tools.
- Demonstrated skills leading cross-functional teams.
- Strong project management and budget management experience.
- Excellent ability to develop and manage internal and external relationships.
- Outstanding communicator, both orally and in writing.
- Honed skillset with visual design principles and keen attention to detail.
- Nonprofit experience preferred but not required.
Up to 40% of domestic travel (Water.org HQ, partner meetings/events, conferences) with occasional international travel (partner events, filming/partner trips to Water.org program locations).
Salary and benefits
This position offers full-time benefits, including medical/dental insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement program and periodic review for merit and incentive pay based on organizational and personal achievement.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, military and veteran status, genetic information, and any other status protected by law. We provide qualified applicants and employees reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job.