Brand Partnerships Specialist
Reports to: Head of Brand Partnerships
Location: Kansas City, MO
Effective: July 19, 2018
844 million people – about one in nine – lack access to safe water. 2.3 billion people don’t have access to a toilet. We are working every day to change this. We are Water.org. We’re here to bring water and sanitation to the world. We want to make it safe, accessible and cost-effective because we believe that water is the way to empowering a bright future that we can all share in, worldwide. We are an international nonprofit organization based in Kansas City, Missouri that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world through access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, we have been pioneering market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis for more than 25 years, giving women hope, children health and communities a future.
The Brand Partnerships team at Water.org develops collaborations with leading corporations to drive awareness of the global water crisis, promote Water.org, engage consumer audiences, and raise funds to support our mission. As a key revenue driver for the organization we have aggressive goals to reach, and the success we’ve achieved with our inaugural Stella Artois partnership has opened the doors to many new opportunities for us. We’re looking for a strong manager and executor to help us build on this foundation as we grow our team.
The Brand Partnerships Specialist will assist in the solicitation, development and execution of corporate partnerships to expand our portfolio and achieve our annual revenue objectives. This position will be based in Kansas City, MO and reports to the head of the Brand Partnerships department, who is based in Los Angeles.
The ideal candidate for the Brand Partnerships Specialist role has integrated marketing sales planning experience and is adept at managing projects, developing compelling sales materials, executing campaigns and interpreting results. He/she is highly organized, a strong communicator and enthusiastic team player, and thrives in finding new ways to improve efficiency and outcomes.
Partner Management + Recruitment
team to maintain existing brand partnerships.
- Assists team to identify, solicit and cultivate new target partners.
Partnership Development + Execution
closely with cross-functional external and internal teams who are based both
throughout the U.S. and overseas.
decks, reports and other collateral for team.
team to activate secured partnerships.
multi-platform content to align with Water.org priorities, messaging +
- Assists head of department with filming initiatives, both domestic and international.
Water.org CRM and revenue tracking tools for team.
- Attends conferences and other events on behalf of Brand
Partnerships department, as needed.
- Mentors Marketing Associate. (Shared with Brand Partnerships Lead and head of department.)
- Individual contributor with no subordinates.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Some duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and competencies
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages Ambiguity – Manages ambiguity by operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Financial Stewardship – Demonstrates fiscally responsible decision making as applicable to one’s role.
- Instills Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Nimble Learning – Actively learning through experimentation when talking new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus but not required.
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in integrated consumer marketing/advertising and/or sales/business development positions, ideally at high-profile companies/organizations.
- Hands-on fluency with brand, agency, media, creative production + VIP/talent engagement processes and protocols.
- Hands-on fluency with presentation, CRM, research, other planning/measurement tools.
- Demonstrated project management and relationship management skills.
- Outstanding communicator, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated skillset with presentation development.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Nonprofit experience preferred but not required.
Up to 20% of domestic travel (Water.org HQ, partner meetings/events, conferences); potentially occasional international travel, as needed (partner events, filming/partner trips to Water.org program locations).
Salary and benefits
This position offers full-time benefits, including medical/dental insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement program and periodic review for merit and incentive pay based on organizational and personal achievement.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, military and veteran status, genetic information, and any other status protected by law. We provide qualified applicants and employees reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job.