Director, Office of the President
Reports to: President
Location: Kansas City, MO
Effective: July 10, 2018
844 million people – about one in nine – lack access to safe water. 2.3 billion people don’t have access to a toilet. We are working every day to change this. We are Water.org. We’re here to bring water and sanitation to the world. We want to make it safe, accessible and cost-effective because we believe that water is the way to empowering a better life that we can all share in, worldwide. We are an international nonprofit organization based in Kansas City, Missouri that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world through access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, we have been pioneering market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis for more than 25 years, giving women hope, children health and communities a future.
The Director, Office of the President will enhance overall efficiency and effectiveness of the President and more broadly, the organization at large. This role must be filled by someone with exceptional organizational, operational and people skills, who handles all manner of tasks not covered by an existing member of an executive’s leadership team or administrative staff. S/he must be an outstanding communicator, both orally and in writing, in order to represent the Office professionally and to further the broad agenda of the organization. S/he would help the President in setting critical priorities and allocating time and attention. As a key member of the leadership team, s/he would contribute strategic insight and operational strengths to make the organization better. S/he would develop processes that enhance effectiveness and efficiency across the organization. While driving forward on key deliverables, this individual would also serve as a’ force multiplier’ for the executive and for the leadership team, working with them to prioritize initiatives, vet analyses and project status, and solve problems before they reach the executive. By doing these things, this leader will also help build capacity among the broader team.
Operational Management: Support effective, efficient functioning of Water.org team by providing strategic and operational direction and through integration across Water.org teams
Establish processes to ensure execution of org-level priorities, including:
- Milestone management across leadership team in support of strategic and operating plan deliverables
- Support of annual and quarterly goals reviews led by President
- Lead Leadership Exchange and Management Convening/Business Review meetings, establish agenda, and bring priority agenda items to closure in partnership with the CFO
- Oversee Water.org master calendar across teams
In partnership with CFO and with support of Leadership team, lead formal strategic plan review and update (approximately every 18 months)
Support shared success of Water.org and WaterEquity by serving as key Water.org contact with WaterEquity, facilitating alignment, smooth communication and coordination of effort
Serve as strategic integrator and monitor of progress against key Water.org outcomes Highlight successes, surface exceptions, and facilitate team alignment in order to enhance effectiveness of annual target-setting (org metrics), team and direct report goals, foundation-building priorities, OHI initiatives, ASG partnership progress, and operating plan development in support of five-year strategic plan
Serve as extension of Water.org President on special projects for key priorities that require cross-functional coordination, alignment, attention, and support. As needed, serve as project lead on cross-cutting initiatives
Knowledge Management: Enhance knowledge management capability at Water.org – 20%
Partner with Chief Programs Officer (CPO), Enabler Partnerships (EP), Monitoring/Evaluation/Learning (MEL) and Technology teams to:
- Establish knowledge and insights resource at Water.org in support of broad Water.org strategy and core Executive Team initiatives
- Establish practices that facilitate knowledge-sharing and best practices across the organization. Capture, distill, and disseminate key sector-relevant information across teams to inform organizational evolution, expansion and impact.
- Source and catalog core publications and make readily accessible insight that drives Water.org strategy and success
- Benchmark and establish practices to bring in outside perspective and learning to strengthen Water.org
Serve as integrator of insights across Water.org key departments and WaterEquity to share with Executive team
Partner with MEL team to draw out key data and insights to be shared internally and externally that will coalesce support for WSS financing and Water.org approach
Partner with HR (L&D) and programs team (IP, EP) to identify opportunities that build broad staff capacity to address knowledge and skill gaps critical to Water.org success. Identify and engage outside resources as needed.
Organizational Support: Help build strong, engaged, effective organizational ecosystem: co- founder, team members and board – 20%
Support President to inspire and engage global team by surfacing and championing key internal needs, opportunities and successes, and by helping to remove obstacles
In partnership with HR, create internal team engagement strategy; lead internal communications and initiatives that align, inform, inspire, and engage
- Support development and successful execution of action plan against annual OHI/engagement survey of staff, ensure progress updates
- Develop annual internal content plan and strategy to optimize alignment, connect and inspire team -- identify key messages, develop and support content for key internal initiatives (e.g. knowledge and success-sharing, staff meetings and retreat, open forums, leadership team engagement, rewards and recognition programs)
- Share out key insights and organizational progress to build capacity and knowledge across the organization
Facilitate coordination, alignment, and team growth and development by providing milestone management updates against team and direct report goals to support regular performance reviews
Support development and cultivation of strong, engaged Water.org board in order to deliver upon objectives and strengthen organization
Serve as Water.org internal point of contact in support of CEO outreach to the Water.org board, in order to inspire and engage
Deliver Water.org outbound board communications; connect to individual board talent to support key initiatives
Provide first review on content submitted across team and support to President and CEO in delivering upon narrative arc of board engagement across four meetings per year and through interim communications
Support CEO and President in informing Water.org co-founder by coalescing and sharing Water.org engagement opportunities and by sharing organizational successes and developments.
Communications Support: Expand Water.org reach, awareness, engaged support base - 10%
Oversee development and delivery of relevant communications that support direct efforts of President
- Partner with public affairs and marketing to identify priority audiences, messages and opportunities for president to engage
- Serve as first point of contact in development of required materials
Support Innovation at Water.org and Special Projects as needed – 10%
As needed and requested:
- Support new cross-cutting Water.org initiatives that demand broad organizational resource engagement and have the potential to scale for impact
- Complete market analysis and opportunity review for emerging initiatives that build organizational capacity and/or drive innovation and growth
- Other project leadership, landscaping as needed.
Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates.
- Positions supervised include: Senior Project Specialist, Administrative Assistant
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Some duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and competencies
- Strategic Mindset – Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Directs Work – Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Values Differences – Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Manages Conflict – Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Develops Talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Builds Effective Teams – Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Being Resilient – Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Courage – Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant study required. MBA preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in relevant field. Management consulting experience coupled with strategic and operational leadership preferred
- Minimum of 6 years of experience managing professionals; including building capacity in others, mentoring people & has lens at macro-level for career development opportunities for staff
- Outstanding communicator, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated skills in relationship-building and collaboration across various departments; as well as building effective and efficient bridge between leaders and staff
- Experience with complex global organizations
- Ability to establish and prioritize conflicting demands and agendas
- Interested in and proficient with constant improvement and tools that facilitate efficiency, communication and collaboration
Up to 15% of domestic and global travel.
Salary and benefits
This position offers full-time benefits, including medical/dental insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement program and periodic review for merit and incentive pay based on organizational and personal achievement.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, military and veteran status, genetic information, and any other status protected by law. We provide qualified applicants and employees reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job.