Regional HR Business Partner - Southeast Asia
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Global HR Operations
1 in 9 people around the world lack access to safe water and 1 in 3 people don’t have access to a toilet. We are working every day to change this. We are Water.org. We’re here to bring water and sanitation to the world. We want to make it safe, accessible and cost-effective because we believe that water is the way to empowering a bright future that we can all share in, worldwide. We are an international nonprofit organization headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world through access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, we pioneer market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis. For more than 25 years, we’ve been providing women hope, children health and families a future.
The Regional HR Business Partner will serve as a critical member of the HR team, to ensure that employees in the Southeast Asian Region have a stimulating, rewarding and innovative place to work. This role will execute the HR strategy and operations for the Southeast Asian Region, using their proven HR competencies, as well as their knowledge of the local culture and employment laws of the countries within Southeast Asia. The Regional HR Business Partner will work closely with and will liaise between the headquarters HR office and the Southeast Asia offices to support a variety of areas including:
- Recruiting & Selection
- Performance Management
- Learning & Development
- Career & Succession Planning
- Total Rewards, Employee Engagement
- Employee Relations & Policies
- Health, Safety & Compliance
- Employee Communications
The Southeast Asian Region includes the Philippines, Cambodia, and Indonesia currently but may expand to include other countries. This position can be based in the Philippines.
This role will report directly to the Sr. Manager, Global HR Operations.
Recruiting & Selection | Career & Succession Planning (25%)
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions
- Collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings
- Facilitates contract execution and tracking for local employment and consulting needs
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications
- Assists and guides conversations regarding workforce planning, in partnership with Country Leaders and the HR home office
- Administers career & succession planning processes and workflows
Total Rewards | Employee Engagement (20%)
- Manages day-to-day statutory and supplemental benefit plans programs including medical, life, and any other benefit plans
- Collaborates with Finance department to submit benefit invoices for payment and reconcile employee benefit premiums when needed
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs
Health, Safety & Compliance (20%)
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices
- Reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
Employee Relations & Policies | Performance Management (20%)
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations
- Supports managers and guides the processes for disciplinary matters, disputes, and investigations
- Guides the[RB1] performance management processes to ensure timely, accurate and significant feedback
Learning & Development (15%)
- Partners with Country Leaders and HR home office to determine what training should be made available
- Communicates expectations for training and development to employees
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Individual contributor with no subordinates.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Some duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Competencies
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Nimble Learning – Actively learning through experimentation when taking on new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Self-development – Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using other formal and informal development channels.
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages Ambiguity – Manages ambiguity by operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Instills Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Financial Stewardship – Demonstrates fiscally responsible decision making as applicable to one’s role.
- Consultative Skills – Builds constructive relationships; works as proactive advisor; acts with diplomacy and tact and is direct and truthful; responds effectively to the reactions and positions of others.
- Business Insight – Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
- Global Perspective – Taking a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Human Resources; industry experience equivalency considered
- 6+ years of demonstrated HR generalist or specialist experience
- Progressive experience and knowledge of HR and financial and operational principles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving work environment while managing independent workload and juggling multiple priorities
- Strong ability to build relationships cross-functionally and partner with leaders to deliver solutions that meet the business needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization's HRIS and talent management systems
- Fluency in English and Tagalog required. Fluency in other Filipino or regional languages a plus
Up to 10% of regional travel
Salary and Benefits
This position offers country-specific benefits and market-based, competitive salary; as well as periodic review for merit pay based on organizational and personal achievement.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, military and veteran status, genetic information, and any other status protected by law. We provide qualified applicants and employees reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job.