Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Location: Kansas City, MO
1 in 9 people around the world lack access to safe water and 1 in 3 people don’t have access to a toilet. We are working every day to change this. We are Water.org. We’re here to bring water and sanitation to the world. We want to make it safe, accessible and cost-effective because we believe that water is the way to empowering a bright future that we can all share in, worldwide. We are an international nonprofit organization based in Kansas City, Missouri that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world through access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, we pioneer market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis. For 30 years, we’ve been providing women hope, children health and families a future.
The Sr. Recruiter within the Human Resources team is primarily responsible for sourcing, interviewing and placing top talent within the Water.org organization. The Sr. Recruiter works to fill a diverse set of roles, ensuring a positive experience for both candidates and clients throughout the talent acquisition process.
Full Cycle Recruiting 85%
Lead full cycle recruiting from job posting through offer negotiation and pre-boarding activities, including but not limited to;
- Act as the primary liaison between candidates, hiring managers, and human resources staff for global staffing function.
- Build strong relationships with hiring managers to understand hiring needs, position specifications, and parameters of search.
- Develop and execute recruiting strategies, including developing and implementing sourcing strategies that align to the current and future talent needs.
- Proactively and thoroughly screen and interview candidates for presentation to hiring managers.
- Coordinate and schedule comprehensive interviews, develop interview question guides, collect feedback, and facilitate hiring discussions with interviewers and hiring managers.
- Manage the job offer process including negotiation and administration within company procedures.
- Verify references.
- Ensure regulatory aspects of the full cycle recruitment process are compliant with laws and according to company policy.
- Oversee all aspects of U.S. relocations for newly hired employees.
Program Support and Projects 15%
- Complete regular reporting to leadership on recruitment activities and metrics.
- Identify and implement best practices to ensure quality of hires while simultaneously managing efficiency and costs.
- Participate in the optimization of Water.org’s onboarding processes.
- Contribute to HR/recruiting process improvement, best practices documentation, and continuous client support improvement.
- Administer U.S. - based independent contractor engagements with Water.org.
- Manage U.S. staffing vendors relationships.
- Individual contributor with no subordinates.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Some duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and competencies
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Nimble Learning – Actively learning through experimentation when taking on new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Self-development – Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using other formal and informal development channels.
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages Ambiguity – Manages ambiguity by operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Instills Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Financial Stewardship – Demonstrates fiscally responsible decision making as applicable to one’s role.
- Situational Adaptability – Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Balances Stakeholders – Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience with full cycle recruiting for niche and senior level roles; including creating job descriptions, establishing recruiting strategy, interviewing and presenting candidates, and facilitating candidate selection activities.
- Experience selecting and managing external staffing and recruiting vendors
- Proven success using proactive, best-in-class sourcing methods and building talent pipelines
- Strong consulting, and negotiation skills.
- Working knowledge on best practices regarding the use of independent contractors.
- Understanding of current federal/state regulations related to employment (.e.g. EEOC, OFCCP).
- Proficient in applicant tracking methods and Microsoft Office applications.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment preferred.
- There is no travel required for this role.
Salary and benefits
This position offers full-time benefits, including medical/dental insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement program and periodic review for merit and incentive pay based on organizational and personal achievement.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, military and veteran status, genetic information, and any other status protected by law. We provide qualified applicants and employees reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job.