Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Location: Kansas City, MO
Effective: July 1, 2018
844 million people – about one in nine – lack access to safe water. 2.3 billion people don’t have access to a toilet. We are working every day to change this. We are Water.org. We’re here to bring water and sanitation to the world. We want to make it safe, accessible and cost-effective because we believe that water is the way to empowering a better life that we can all share in, worldwide. We are an international nonprofit organization based in Kansas City, Missouri that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world through access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, we have been pioneering market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis for more than 25 years, giving women hope, children health and communities a future.
The Senior Recruiter is primarily responsible for sourcing, interviewing and placing top talent within the Water.org organization. This role will partner with hiring managers to fill a diverse set of domestic roles. This position will ensure that both the candidates and clients have a positive experience throughout the talent acquisition process.
- Lead full lifecycle recruiting from job posting through offer negotiation and pre-boarding activities, including but not limited to;
- Act as the primary liaison between candidates, hiring managers, and human resources staff for global staffing function.
- Build strong relationships with hiring managers to understand hiring needs, position specifications, and parameters of search.
- Develop and execute recruiting strategies, including developing and implementing sourcing strategies that align to the current and future talent needs.
- Proactively screen candidates for presentation to hiring managers.
- Coordinate and schedule comprehensive interviews, develop interview question guides, collect feedback, and facilitate hiring discussions with interviewers and hiring managers.
- Manage the job offer process including negotiation and administration within company procedures.
- Verify references.
- Ensure regulatory aspects of the full cycle recruitment process are compliant with laws and according to company policy.
- Complete regular reporting to leadership on recruitment activities and metrics.
- Identify and implement best practices to increase the quality of hires while reducing cycle time and cost.
- Oversee all aspects of U.S. relocations.
- Individual contributor with no subordinates.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Some duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and competencies
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Nimble Learning – Actively learning through experimentation when talking new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Self-development – Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using other formal and informal development channels.
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages Ambiguity – Manages ambiguity by operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Instills Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Financial Stewardship – Demonstrates fiscally responsible decision making as applicable to one’s role.
- Values Differences – Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience with full life-cycle recruiting for professional and senior level roles.
- Proven success using proactive, best-in-class sourcing methods and building talent pipelines.
- Strong interviewing, consulting, and negotiation skills.
- Experience selecting and managing external staffing and recruiting vendors.
- Understanding of current federal/state regulations related to employment (i.e. EEOC, OFCCP).
- Proficient in applicant tracking methods and Microsoft Office applications.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
There is no travel expectation for this role.
Salary and benefits
This position offers full-time benefits, including medical/dental insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement program and periodic review for merit and incentive pay based on organizational and personal achievement.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, military and veteran status, genetic information, and any other status protected by law. We provide qualified applicants and employees reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job.