Every 21 seconds, a child dies from a water-related illness
Women spend 200 million hours a day collecting water
More than 2.5x more people lack water than live in the United States
The majority of illness is caused by fecal matter
More people have a mobile than a toilet
Lack of community involvement causes 50% of other projects to fail

Celebrating Safe Water

Thank you Zynga players! By participating in the Ayakashi: Ghost Guild charity promotion for Water.org you're helping build life-saving clean water projects in Haiti. A cause for celebration indeed. Water.org, a non-profit co-founded by Matt Damon and Gary White, and Zynga Inc., the world's leading social games company, are teaming up to bring clean water and a healthier, happier tomorrow to people around the world.

Today, nearly a billion people still lack access to safe water while 2.5 billion don't have a toilet. Shockingly four million people die each year from preventable water borne diseases. Water.org has worked for over twenty years with local partner organizations to deliver community-led, sustainable water and sanitation services to those living in poverty and struggling to survive the water crisis.

About Water.org

Water.org is a nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing clean drinking water and the dignity of a toilet to people in need. Co-founded by Matt Damon and Gary White, Water.org works with local partners to execute community-led, sustainable projects in Africa, South Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean. For only $25, Water.org can bring one person clean water for life.

About Zynga Inc.

Zynga Inc. is the world's largest social game developer with more than 200 million unique monthly active users playing their games which include FarmVille, FrontierVille, Mafia Wars, Zynga Poker, Café World, Treasure Isle, and CityVille.  Zynga Inc. games are available on a number of global platforms including Facebook, MySpace, the iPad and iPhone. Through Zynga.org, Zynga players have raised more than $10 million for world social causes.  Zynga Inc. is headquartered in San Francisco.  For more information, visit www.zynga.com or www.zynga.org.

Note: Zynga will donate its entire share of the purchase price, which is 70%, to Water.org. The remaining 30% of that value will be retained by the third-party transaction partner. Player purchases are not tax-deductible. Campaign is expected to run from 25-Feb-2014 to 12-Mar-2014. Dates for this promotion may vary.

Do Something About It

There is no shortage of ways you can make a difference

Get the Water.org Newsletter

Raise for the Cause

Make a direct impact by involving your friends online and together we will make a difference. More »

Donate Your Voice

Your voice has the power to make a difference. Signup and spread the message online. More »