Development Operations Associate
Reports to: Manager, Donor Engagement + Stewardship
Location: US Remote
1 in 10 people around the world lack access to safe water and 1 in 4 people don’t have access to a toilet. We are working every day to change this. We are Water.org. We’re here to bring water and sanitation to the world. We want to make it safe, accessible and cost-effective because we believe that water is the way to empower a bright future that we can all share, worldwide. We are an international nonprofit organization based in Kansas City, Missouri that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world through access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, we pioneer market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis. For more than 25 years, we’ve been providing women hope, children health and families a future.
The Development Operations Associate within the Revenue department is a force-multiplier and key resource to ensure seamless administration of donor engagement, grant stewardship processes, data management and departmental administrative support.
This individual brings exceptional customer focus and a continuous improvement mindset to support effective collaboration across functions within the Revenue department. As such, the Development Operations Associate will consistently exhibit solid analytical, problem-solving and project administration skills, as well as maintain effective communication with individuals at all levels of the organization.
This is a unique role with huge learning potential and a real opportunity to drive impact.
Data Management (50%)
- Input and maintain opportunity data in CRM system (Raiser’s Edge NXT) and initiate routine data quality checks of opportunities in the systems (NXT & Crystal reporting) to oversee correct flow of data into relevant fundraising dashboards utilized in revenue pipeline discussions.
- Maintain donor profiles, ensuring quality of donor information within the database.
- Assisting fundraising team members, ensuring all relevant opportunity information is shared with Development Associate to upload into CRM system and that all opportunity information is current.
- Prepare gift batch entry for import from multiple platforms into CRM on as needed basis.
- Monitor the Donor Care email inbox, addresses any transactional inquiries (updating credit card information, receipt requests, etc.) from donors with a customer focused mind on an as needed basis.
Grant Stewardship Support (30%)
- Supporting Manager, Donor Engagement + Stewardship and Development Operations Lead in writing and drafting grant proposals, assessing needs, mission alignment and program delivery alignment to draft strongly written grants to present to existing or potential funding partners.
- Assisting with internal communications about grant timelines and deliverables.
- Drafting grant payment acknowledgement letters.
- Working alongside Global Impact country teams in drafting efficient grant reports communicating on specific deliverables outlined in signed gift agreements.
Project Administration (20%)
- Assisting CRO, Strategic Development and Development Operations team as needed with administrative support, logistical organizing of calendars, team-oriented meetings etc.
- Assisting external events with donors and prospects if needed
- Individual contributor with no subordinates.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of scope, stakeholders and linkages for every project, duty or responsibility but is intended to highlight internal or external processes, functions and jobs/roles that are expected to regularly interact with this position to deliver work. Scope may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Competencies
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Manages Ambiguity – Manages ambiguity by operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent related work experience.
- At least three years of professional experience in a business office environment, including:
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft 365 and database management.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and/or Salesforce donor management software or similar CRM preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience supporting program implementation and/or grant writing and reporting processes.
- Effective communicator and orientation on customer success.
- Impeccable integrity and attention to detail.
- Proficient (written and verbal) in English.
- Experience implementing programs related to building execution plans, work breakdown, financial and metric performance analysis.
- Possess a strong understanding of digital metrics and analytics; including the ability to create data visualizations and present data in a way that drives storytelling.
- Knowledge of the water and sanitation sector and/or financial services.
- Previous exposure to project management and/or process management and/or grant writing.
- Proficiency (written and verbal) in other languages, such as Spanish or Portuguese, is a plus.
- Up to 10% of domestic travel.
Being authorized to work in the country posted is a precondition of employment.
Salary and Benefits
This position offers full-time benefits inclusive of medical/dental insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement program; as well as periodic review for merit and incentive pay based on organizational and personal achievement.