Global Technology Generalist
Reports to: Director of Technology
Location: Chennai, India or Manila, Philippines
Effective: Jan. 2, 2024
1 in 4 people around the world lack access to safe water and 2 in 5 people don’t have access to a safe toilet. We are working every day to change this. We are Water.org. We’re here to bring water and sanitation to the world. We want to make it safe, accessible and cost-effective because we believe that water is the way to empower a bright future that we can all share, worldwide. We are an international nonprofit organization based in Kansas City, Missouri that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world through access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, we pioneer market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis. For more than 25 years, we’ve been providing women hope, children health and families a future.
The Global Technology Generalist acts as the primary internal point of contact, executing day-to-day support operations for global staff, including contributing to technology initiatives/projects and delivering technology-managed services, such as Help Desk support, system maintenance, device configuration and support, training, and projects. Further the incumbent in this position will design, implement and optimize key technology processes to enable scalability and manage risks across the organization.
- Implementation and Optimization
- IT Metrics & Reports
- IT Security Planning
- Operational Management
- Process & Policy Management
- Project Management
- Support and Training
- Technology Infrastructure
- Technology Strategy and Execution
Technology Operations Support
Works collaboratively to design, implement, and maintain global technology operating processes (procurement, provisioning, asset management, remote support, office setup, cybersecurity measures, etc.). Provides regular monitoring and updates on technology-related records, issues, implementation, and related assignments.
Coordinates technology projects as needed and ensures company resources are utilized appropriately and employee impact is minimized. Provides accurate, timely data and updates on business metrics related to project implementation.
Support and Training
Support end-users with the day-to-day technology issues and requests in a responsive and service-oriented manner. Creates and maintains user-oriented training, resources, and related tools.
Complexity + Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to appropriately apply key technology processes that will enable greater scale and impact and manage technology risks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal business partners, team members, and external resources.
- Broad IT domain knowledge, including networking, systems administration, cybersecurity, hardware/software management, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and/or projects within specified requirements and driving each to timely completion.
Individual contributor with no subordinates.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by an incumbent in this job. Some responsibilities, activities, and people who are expected to regularly interact with the incumbent in this job may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Customer Focus – Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Optimizes Work Processes – Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Communicates Effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Values Differences – Recognizes the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Nimble Learning – Learns through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Five years or more of progressive responsibility in desktop support, IT administration or similar technology support-related positions, including proven experience with business and technical requirement definition, analysis, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Proficient in use and administration of Microsoft 365 suite and related applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, SharePoint, and OneDrive.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Microsoft Windows/PC and Apple/Mac.
- Proficient (written and verbal) in English.
Travel is not required for this role.
Being authorized to work in the country posted is a precondition of employment.
Type and Estimated Length of Employment
Salary and Benefits
This position offers country-specific benefits and market-based, competitive salary as well as periodic review for merit and incentive pay based on organizational and personal achievement.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, military and veteran status, genetic information, and any other status protected by law. We provide qualified applicants and employees reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. We believe social change happens when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We strive to build and maintain a diverse team that will advance our mission and work and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.