Reports to: Sr. Manager, Global HR Operations
Location: Kansas City, MO
1 in 9 people around the world lack access to safe water and 1 in 3 people don’t have access to a toilet. We are working every day to change this. We are Water.org. We’re here to bring water and sanitation to the world. We want to make it safe, accessible and cost-effective because we believe that water is the way to empowering a bright future that we can all share in, worldwide. We are an international nonprofit organization based in Kansas City, Missouri that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world through access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, we pioneer market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis. For 30 years, we’ve been providing women hope, children health and families a future.
The HR Generalist will serve as a critical member of the HR team to ensure Water.org is and remains a stimulating, rewarding and innovative place to work. They will perform professional level duties in a fast-paced environment by working closely with HR team members and organizational leaders in support of a rapidly evolving global workforce. The HR Generalist will integrate service delivery while building operational consistencies and alignment with business goals. This position will deliver HR support in a variety of areas including compensation, benefits, HRIS data entry and reporting, leave management, workers compensation and compliance. This role reports to the Sr. Manager, Global HR Operations.
The HR Generalist is based in Kansas City, MO.
- Manage day-to-day benefit plans programs including medical, dental, vision, life, disability and 401(k) plans.
- Collaborate with Finance department to enter and adjust benefit deductions and earnings codes for payroll processing, submit benefits invoices for payment and reconcile employee benefit premiums when needed.
- Create and maintain a portfolio of benefit plan documents, forms and communication resources to build staff knowledge and culture of physical and financial wellness.
- Manage Open Enrollment with understanding of various benefit plan policies; refer to broker and/or plan carriers for escalated support as necessary.
- Gather and analyze global employee benefits resources that will support operational improvements and/or compliance efforts.
Leave Administration (20%)
- Responsible for administration of all leave types and related vendor relationships.
- Serves as subject matter expert for all leave types including parental leave, short-and long-term disability and workers’ compensation.
- Provides case management and coordinates administration of cases and claims.
- Produces and manages reporting metrics for all leave cases and workers compensation claims as requested.
- Assists in the creation and facilitation of leave administration and workers compensation training.
Systems - Data and Reporting (20%)
- Responsible for onboarding support of new hires, status changes, terminations.
- Processes data change requests to update or correct data in the system, and resolves issues and user access/security.
- Maintains data integrity, runs audits and reconciliations to ensure accuracy of global employment data within separate systems.
- Runs standard reports and builds custom reports as needed in support of organizational metrics.
- Conduct US and global market pricing analysis and participate in compensation surveys.
- Analyze and administer global compensation programs, including base and incentive pay practices.
- Manage and develop systems and reporting mechanisms for evaluating, benchmarking compiling, preparing and presenting compensation data.
- Review and recommend global new hire and off cycle salary increase recommendations.
- Ensure operational practices comply with state and federal laws, including COBRA, ACA guidelines and 1095-C reporting.
- Interpret and administer leave policies and programs in accordance with applicable federal, state and local employment laws.
- Track and provide support in documenting policy updates globally.
- Keep apprised of country, federal, state and local pay regulations to ensure compliance.
Individual contributor with no subordinates.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Some duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Competencies
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Nimble Learning – Actively learning through experimentation when taking on new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Self-development – Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using other formal and informal development channels.
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages Ambiguity – Manages ambiguity by operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Instills Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Financial Stewardship – Demonstrates fiscally responsible decision making as applicable to one’s role.
- Values Differences – Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Human Resources, CBP, CCP or GRP preferred; industry experience equivalency considered.
- Progressive experience and knowledge of HR, financial and operational principles; experience with global total rewards preferred.
- 4+ years of demonstrated HR generalist or specialist experience.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations, and legislation that impacts compensation/pay/employee benefits/leave management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel; advanced analytical ability with technical proficiency in spreadsheets and information systems (Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Excel, file integrations).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving work environment while managing independent workload and juggling multiple priorities.
- Strong ability to build relationships cross-functionally and partner with leaders to deliver solutions that meet the business needs.
Up to 5% of domestic and global travel.
Salary and Benefits
This position offers full-time benefits inclusive of medical/dental insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement program; as well as periodic review for merit and incentive pay based on organizational and personal achievement.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, military and veteran status, genetic information, and any other status protected by law. We provide qualified applicants and employees reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job.