Reports to: Director, Brand Marketing and Communications
Location: Kansas City, MO
1 in 10 people around the world lack access to safe water and 1 in 4 people don’t have access to a toilet. We are working every day to change this. We are Water.org. We’re here to bring water and sanitation to the world. We want to make it safe, accessible and cost-effective because we believe that water is the way to empowering a bright future that we can all share in, worldwide.
We are an international nonprofit organization based in Kansas City, Missouri that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world through access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, we pioneer market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis. For more than 30 years, we’ve been providing women hope, children health and families a bright future.
The Marketing Associate within the Marketing department is primarily responsible for managing the cultivation and stewardship of individual donors by executing best-in-class processes for public inquiries and donor communications. This role is also responsible for supporting Water.org’s social media channels, online peer-to-peer giving platform, and internal communications resources.
This position is based in Kansas City, MO (remote).
Donation Acknowledgement and Public Inquiries (30%)
- Drive donor engagement by creating and executing an effective and meaningful donor acknowledgement strategy. This includes preparing gift acknowledgements and other gift related correspondence with donors, including phone calls, emails, and responding to inquiries.
- Create a positive brand experience for the public by responding to inbound online inquiries and phone calls, working to ensure accurate responses and to evaluate and route priority opportunities.
- Maintain the organization’s information and good standing on charity watchdog sites and assess new platforms for consideration as needed.
Donor Experience Advocate (20%)
- Collaborate across teams to support the integration of tools and processes related to the donor experience, such as the donation processing platform and donor database.
- Serve as an advocate for the individual donor experience by ensuring both internal processes and external communications prioritize donors.
Management of Peer-to-peer Fundraising (20%)
- Manage Water.org’s online fundraising platform (Give.Water.org) and Facebook fundraisers to generate revenue through peer-to-peer online fundraisers.
- Develop and execute a communication strategy for online fundraising including promotion in marketing content and engagement with supporters.
Marketing Content Execution (20%)
- Serve as a content administrator for Water.org’s social media channels, including reviewing and scheduling social media content to support the Senior Content Creator.
- Compile and analyze data from fundraising campaigns and promotions and social media channels to share results and key learnings.
- Serve as a content administrator for Water.org's website, executing update tasks to support the Lead Marketing Associate.
Internal Communications and Operations Support (10%)
- Oversee the organization and maintenance of the Marketing team’s SharePoint site.
- Execute quarterly and annual updates to internal communication resources, as well as organization of resources, such as collateral, templates, and slides.
- Support the Director of Brand + Marketing with various team functions including weekly review lists, editing slides to ensure brand standards are met, and compiling data for monthly team reporting.
- Individual contributor with no subordinates.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Some duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Competencies
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; provides timely and helpful information to others.
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Self-development – Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using other formal and informal development channels.
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages Ambiguity – Manages ambiguity by operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Instills Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Financial Stewardship – Demonstrates fiscally responsible decision making as applicable to one’s role.
- Balances Stakeholders - Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Fundraising or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of relevant professional work experience within a marketing or communications or nonprofit environment.
- Proficient (written and verbal) in English
- Excellent project management and organization skills; demonstrated success and flexibility managing multiple projects and audiences.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe software.
- Experience with Office 365 (e.g., SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams).
- Experience with CRM platform such as Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce.
Being authorized to work in the country posted is a precondition of employment.
Up to 0-10% of domestic and global travel.
Salary and Benefits
This position offers full-time benefits inclusive of medical/dental insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement program; as well as periodic review for merit and incentive pay based on organizational and personal achievement.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, military and veteran status, genetic information, and any other status protected by law. We provide qualified applicants and employees reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. We believe social change happens when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We strive to build and maintain a diverse team that will advance our mission and work and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.