Reports to: Manager, Marketing
Location: US Remote (preference in Kansas City, MO)
Effective: Feb. 9, 2024
1 in 4 people around the world lack access to safe water and 2 in 5 people don’t have access to a safe toilet. We are working every day to change this. We are Water.org. We’re here to bring water and sanitation to the world. We want to make it safe, accessible and cost-effective because we believe that water is the way to empower a bright future that we can all share in, worldwide. We are an international nonprofit organization based in Kansas City, Missouri that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world through access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, we pioneer market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis. For more than 30 years, we’ve been providing women hope, children health and families a bright future.
The Marketing Associate provides project management and communications support for Water.org’s brand, marketing, and fundraising initiatives.
- Multi-channel revenue generation
- Central brand and creative resource management
- Mass communications channel management
- Fundraising campaign development
- Content management
- Donor engagement and stewardship
- Marketing strategy, operations and planning
- Marketing reporting and analysis
Provide project management support for the execution of the annual content calendar and fundraising campaigns and promotions across all related tactics and channels, including social media, website, email marketing, and direct mail. Manage process documentation and key resources like content libraries to create relevant content resources for internal and external use.
Brand and Creative Resources
Execute ongoing, quarterly and annual updates to communication resources, including creation and organization of content assets such as collateral, templates, slides and selected photos, videos, and stories. Support the annual fact update and quarterly program stats update.
Serve as a content administrator for the website, including leading quarterly, annual, and ongoing updates. Provide project management support for defined website projects as part of the annual website strategy.
- Individual contributor with no subordinates.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Some duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Complexity & Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, driving each to timely completion.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Customer Focus – Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Optimizes Work Processes – Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Communicates Effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Values Differences – Recognizes the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Nimble Learning – Learns through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent related working experience in marketing, communications and/or fundraising.
- Four years or more of relevant agency experience managing integrated marketing campaigns.
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 suite applications like Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, and OneDrive.
- Proficiency (written and verbal) in English.
- There is no travel required for this position.
This position's desired location is within the United States. The following states are preferred: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington DC.
Being authorized to work in the country posted is a precondition of employment.
Salary and Benefits
This position offers a base salary range of $50,000-$60,000. In addition, this position is eligible to participate in our annual incentive plan up to 10%. This position offers full-time benefits inclusive of medical/dental insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement program, paid time off, paid holidays and more as well as periodic review for merit and incentive pay based on organizational and personal achievement.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, military and veteran status, genetic information, and any other status protected by law. We provide qualified applicants and employees reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. We believe social change happens when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We strive to build and maintain a diverse team that will advance our mission and work and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.