Reports to: Lead Marketing Associate
Location: Kansas City, MO
1 in 9 people around the world lack access to safe water and 1 in 3 people don’t have access to a toilet. We are working every day to change this. We are Water.org. We’re here to bring water and sanitation to the world. We want to make it safe, accessible and cost-effective because we believe that water is the way to empowering a bright future that we can all share in, worldwide.
We are an international nonprofit organization based in Kansas City, Missouri that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world through access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, we pioneer market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis. For more than 30 years, we’ve been providing women hope, children health and families a bright future. Visit us to find out more at http://water.org/.
The primary purpose of this role is to execute best-in-class communications with donors and public inquiries. This individual is also responsible for project management and communications support for Water.org’s marketing and fundraising initiatives.
This position reports to the Lead Marketing Associate and is based in Kansas City, MO.
Donor Communications and Public Inquiries (70%)
- Drive donor engagement by executing effective donor communications.
- Prepare gift acknowledgements and other gift related correspondence with donors, including phone calls, emails, and responding to inquiries.
- Support Water.org’s online fundraising platform (Give.water.org) and Facebook fundraisers by executing day to day operations and cultivating relationships with supporters.
- Create a positive brand experience for the public by responding to in-bound online inquiries and phone calls, working to ensure accurate responses and to evaluate and route priority opportunities.
- Maintain the organization’s information and good standing on charity watchdog sites and assess new platforms for consideration as needed.
Project Management Support (30%)
- Provide project support to the marketing team in the development, management and execution of the annual content calendar, fundraising campaigns and promotions.
- Compile and analyze data from fundraising campaigns and promotions to share results and key learnings.
- Serve as a content administrator for the website, including leading quarterly and ongoing updates.
- Execute quarterly and annual updates to communication resources, including organization of resources such as collateral, templates, slides and selected photos, videos & stories.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Some duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Competencies
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; provides timely and helpful information to others.
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Self-development – Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using other formal and informal development channels.
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages Ambiguity – Manages ambiguity by operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Instills Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Financial Stewardship – Demonstrates fiscally responsible decision making as applicable to one’s role.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Communications, Marketing, Fundraising or related field.
- 3+ years relevant experience in Marketing Communications or Fundraising.
- Excellent project management and organization skills; demonstrated success and flexibility managing multiple projects and audiences.
- Demonstrated experience engaging with donors or external clients to provide customer support and foster relationships.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe software required. Experience with Office 365 (e.g., SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams) preferred.
Salary and Benefits
This position offers full-time benefits, including medical/dental insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement program and periodic review for merit and incentive pay based on organizational and personal achievement. Salary will be based on education and experience, and will coincide with similar nonprofit organizations in international development.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, military and veteran status, genetic information, and any other status protected by law. We provide qualified applicants and employees reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job.