Partnership Account Manager
Reports to: Country Director
1 in 10 people around the world lack access to safe water and 1 in 4 people don’t have access to a toilet. We are working every day to change this. We are Water.org. We’re here to bring water and sanitation to the world. We want to make it safe, accessible and cost-effective because we believe that water is the way to empowering a bright future that we can all share in, worldwide. We are an international nonprofit organization based in Kansas City, Missouri that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world through access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, we pioneer market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis. For more than 25 years, we’ve been providing women hope, children health and families a future.
The Partnership Account Manager in the Global Impact Department, drives the performance of partnership accounts within the assigned portfolio, ensuring consistent delivery against account priorities. This individual serves as technical consultant, business advisor and/or implementer of the partner-facing business plans and related programs. This role is a catalyst for the partner’s vision and brings an exceptional customer success mindset to delivering appropriate solutions to assigned partner accounts that leverage Water.org’s unique value.
Reporting to the Regional Business Lead + Cambodia Country Director, the Partnership Account Manager is responsible for growing and retaining existing partner relationships, supporting execution of the region’s business strategy and related execution of programs and projects aimed building opportunities for shared value with a broad range of water supply and sanitation (WSS) providers, such as Public Water Utilities, Private Water Operators, Technical Service Providers, Engineering Procurement and Contractors (EPC) of Water and Sanitation Businesses, building and sustaining partnerships that: 1) mobilize capital for WSS providers for those in need, and 2) serve low-income households with innovative and affordable WSS at scale.
Account Management + Delivery (80%)
Serves as the primary contact for assigned portfolio of partnerships, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction and retention. Ensures integrity of data used to drive decisions and verify outcomes of programs. Implements partner-facing service delivery and related projects, and nurtures relationships to maximize successful performance, including but not limited to:
- Implements partner account management cycle for assigned portfolio, utilizing global frameworks, tools and methods for partnership design, solution design and field monitoring, and performance reporting.
- In conjunction with relevant business leads, product specialists and regional operations specialists, develops and implements partner workplans and delivery of approved services to partners directly or via third parties, including IEC Materials, Technical Assistance, Financial Product Design, etc.
- Facilitates packaging and resolution of service requests for existing relationships, engaging product experts as needed.
- Provides timely and accurate reporting and analysis of account performance and related business metrics, including execution progress and forecast for impact plans and funding utilization to relevant business partners, such as Finance, Insights, and Award Management. Accountable for accuracy of all data provided to leadership.
- Identifies and escalates (as applicable) account, legal and/or compliance risks.
- Ensures regular cadence of engagement with the partner’s key stakeholders and in partnership with the Regional Insights function, ensures field monitoring and audits (as applicable) of partner’s activities.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable organizational policies and procedures as well as local regulations and laws.
Business Development (20%)
Maintains and grows relationships with partners’ key decision makers within the assigned portfolio and/or geography to support the business line’s growth strategy and pipeline of potential Water and Sanitation Service Providers such as water and wastewater utilities, WASH developers, Engineering Procurement and Contractors on Water and Sanitation sector, interested in Water.org’s products and services, including but not limited to:
- Makes partners aware of new offerings, proposing expansion of value created by new products and services.
- Participates in and supports regional coordination with respect to pipeline, lead generation, etc.
- Gaining and leveraging fluency in the products and services offered by the enterprise and demonstrating strong interpersonal attributes that will influence decision makers toward our products and services.
- Remaining current on the legal and regulatory environment and identifies likely impacts to partners’ operations and business objectives.
- As applicable, contributes to design of new proposals and concept notes for new philanthropic funding.
- Accessing, sharing, and contributing to knowledge management within and outside of the region.
- Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Skills and Competencies
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages Ambiguity – Manages ambiguity by operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Preferably bachelor’s degree in engineering and/or equivalent relevant work experience in engineering procurement and contractor (EPC) related firms.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with business development and account management with Water Supply and Sanitation Providers, including partnership development, enterprise operations, financial and operational analysis, and/or service management, including:
- Demonstrated knowledge of program/project implementation, including building execution plans, work breakdown, financial and metric performance analysis. Appropriately escalates internal and/or client concerns.
- Effective communicator with a demonstrated ability to form strong relationships, both internally and externally.
- Believes in our mission and will do the work required to advance the enterprise.
- Proficient (written and verbal) in English and Khmer.
- Exceptional client success orientation, with an understanding of relevant industry trends, market data, training and capacity building, and business case development to support the growth of the partnership.
- Effective communication skills towards larger-scale financial institutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of water supply and sanitation finance.
- Experience with market research and analysis.
Up to 30% of domestic and/or regional travel. In some cases, travel to locations outside of the region may be required to support strategic and organizational requirements and events.
Being authorized to work in the country posted is a precondition of employment.
Type and Estimated Length of Employment:
Fixed Term Employment for a duration of 24 months (possible extend based on performance and business need)
Salary and Benefits
This position offers country-specific benefits and market-based, competitive salary as well as periodic review for merit and incentive pay based on organizational and personal achievement.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, military and veteran status, genetic information, and any other status protected by law. We provide qualified applicants and employees reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. We believe social change happens when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We strive to build and maintain a diverse team that will advance our mission and work and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.