Partnership Account Manager, Infrastructure
Location: Brazil or Mexico
1 in 10 people around the world lack access to safe water and 1 in 4 people don’t have access to a toilet. We are working every day to change this. We are Water.org. We’re here to bring water and sanitation to the world. We want to make it safe, accessible and cost-effective because we believe that water is the way to empower a bright future that we can all share, worldwide. We are an international nonprofit organization based in Kansas City, Missouri that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world through access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, we pioneer market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis. For more than 25 years, we’ve been providing women hope, children health and families a future.
The Partnership Account Manager in the Global Impact Department drives the performance of assigned partnership accounts, ensuring consistent delivery against account priorities. This individual serves as technical consultant, business advisor and/or implementer of the partner-facing business plans and related programs. The Partnership Account Manager is a catalyst for the partner’s vision and brings an exceptional customer success mindset to delivering appropriate solutions to assigned partner accounts that leverage Water.org’s unique value.
- Impact Strategy, Leadership, and Execution
- Portfolio + Account Management
- Business Development
- Business Metrics and Data Insights
- Pre-Award and Post Award Administration
- Project Management
- Risk Identification
- Advisory and Consulting Services
Serves as the primary contact for assigned partnership accounts, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction and retention. Ensures integrity of data used to drive decisions and verify outcomes of programs. Implements partner-facing service delivery and related projects, and nurtures relationships to maximize successful performance.
Maintains and grows relationships with partners’ key decision makers within the assigned portfolio and/or geography to support the business line’s growth strategy and pipeline of potential partners interested in Water.org’s products and services.
Business Metrics + Reporting
Provides timely and accurate reporting and analysis of account performance and related business metrics, including execution progress and forecast for impact plans and funding utilization to relevant business partners.
Complexity + Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to manage multiple complex internal and external relationships, requiring application of existing standards and processes related to account management and/or business development.
- Functional knowledge of related industry and/or market segments within the assigned portfolio of accounts in one or more of the following partnership areas: public or private enterprises focusing on water and/or sanitation projects/finance and financial institutions.
- Broad knowledge of programmatic planning and experience appropriately mitigating and/or escalating risks within the assigned accounts.
Individual contributor with no subordinates.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of scope, stakeholders and linkages for every project, duty or responsibility but is intended to highlight internal or external processes, functions and jobs/roles that are expected to regularly interact with this position to deliver work. Scope may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Customer Focus – Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Optimizes Work Processes – Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Communicates Effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Values Differences – Recognizes the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Nimble Learning – Learns through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with account management in one or more of the following areas: retail, wholesale, and micro finance, micro, small and medium enterprises, and/or water & sanitation infrastructure finance/projects.
- Proven track record of expanding accounts and business contracts.
- Proficient (written and verbal) in English.
Up to 25% of domestic and international travel.
Being authorized to work in the country posted is a precondition of employment.
Type and Estimated Length of Employment
Salary and Benefits
This position offers country-specific benefits and market-based, competitive salary as well as periodic review for merit and incentive pay based on organizational and personal achievement.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, military and veteran status, genetic information, and any other status protected by law. We provide qualified applicants and employees reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. We believe social change happens when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We strive to build and maintain a diverse team that will advance our mission and work and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.