Partnership Account Manager
Category: Project-based/Exempt to OT
Reports to: Team Lead, Partnership Accounts
1 in 10 people around the world lack access to safe water and 1 in 4 people do not have access to a toilet. We are working every day to change this. We are Water.org. We are here to bring water and sanitation to the world. We want to make it safe, accessible, and cost-effective because we believe that water is the way to empower a bright future that we can all share in, worldwide. We are an international nonprofit organization based in Kansas City, Missouri that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world through access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, we pioneer market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis. For more than 25 years, we have been providing women hope, children health and families a future.
The Partnership Account Manager in the Global Impact Department drives the performance of partnership accounts within the assigned portfolio, ensuring consistent delivery against account priorities. This individual serves as technical consultant, business advisor and/or implementer of the partner-facing business plans and related programs. This role is a catalyst for the partner’s vision and brings an exceptional customer success mindset to delivering appropriate solutions to assigned partner accounts that leverage Water.org’s unique value.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Partnership Accounts in the Philippines, this position is responsible for growing and retaining existing partner relationships, supporting execution of the region’s business strategy and related execution of programs and projects aimed building opportunities for shared value with a broad range of financial institutions (FI) under the Cummins grant, such as microfinance institutions, rural banks, cooperatives, and FI apex organizations, building and sustaining partnerships that: 1) mobilize capital for water supply and sanitation (WSS) for those in need, and 2) serve low-income households with innovative and affordable water and sanitation services (WSS) at scale.
Account Management + Delivery (80%)
Serves as the primary contact for assigned portfolio of partnerships, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction and retention. Ensures integrity of data used to drive decisions and verify outcomes of programs. Implements partner-facing service delivery and related projects, and nurtures relationships to maximize successful performance, including but not limited to:
- Implements partner account management cycle for assigned portfolio, utilizing global frameworks, tools and methods for partnership design, solution design and field monitoring, and performance reporting. Full and complete obligation and responsibility on the ground where the various tasks to be performed are defined and shown below:
- Hold meetings with the key officers of the partners CARD SME, MMC (Mindanao Microfinance Council) and RBAP (Rural Bankers Association of the Philippines) to fully understand and support their respective WaterCredit programs.
- Organizing short workshops or meetings to introduce WCAD partners to other WASH (Water Access, Sanitation and Hygiene) players/sector such as Local Government Unit (LGUs), Water Service providers (WSPs) and other stakeholders operating in the locality and encourage cooperation.
- Provide technical assistance to all Partners under Cummins (CARD SME, MMC and RBAP) in terms of implementing WaterCredit Programs in accordance with the workplan agreed with Water.org.
- Assist partners on daily activities and provide regular update to Water.org Partnership Accounts Manager on key challenges and possible solutions.
- Assist WOPH team in coordinating programmatic meeting or events such as WaterCredit Forum to promote cooperation/collaboration amongst WASH players.
- In conjunction with relevant business leads, product specialists and regional operations specialists, develops and implements partner workplans and delivery of approved services to partners directly or via third parties, including IEC (Information, Education, and Communication) Materials, Technical Assistance, Financial Product Design, etc.
- Facilitates packaging and resolution of service requests for existing relationships, engaging product experts as needed.
- Provides timely and accurate reporting and analysis of account performance and related business metrics, including execution progress and forecast for impact plans and funding utilization to relevant business partners, such as Finance, Insights, and Award Management. Accountable for accuracy of all data provided to leadership.
- Identifies and escalates (as applicable) account, legal and/or compliance risks.
- Ensures regular cadence of engagement with the partner’s key stakeholders and in partnership with the Partnership Accounts Manager and Regional Insights function, ensures field monitoring and audits (as applicable) of partner’s activities.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable organizational policies and procedures and local regulations and laws.
Business Development (20%)
Maintains and grows relationships with partners’ key decision makers within the assigned portfolio and/or geography to support the business line’s growth strategy and pipeline of potential members financial institutions interested in Water.org’s products and services, including but not limited to:
- Makes partners aware of new offerings, proposing expansion of value created by new products and services.
- Participates in and supports national coordination regarding pipeline, lead generation, etc.
- Gaining and leveraging fluency in the products and services offered by the enterprise and demonstrating strong interpersonal attributes that will influence decision makers toward our products and services.
- As applicable, contributes to design of new proposals and concept notes for new philanthropic funding.
- Accessing, sharing, and contributing to knowledge management within and outside of the region.
- Identify potential partnerships and collaboration with local government and stakeholder such as NGOs, WASH provider, WASH entrepreneurs.
- Individual contributor with no subordinates.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of scope, stakeholders and linkages for every project, duty or responsibility but is intended to highlight internal or external processes, functions and jobs/roles that are expected to regularly interact with this position to deliver work. Scope may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Competencies
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages Ambiguity – Manages ambiguity by operating effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with business development and account management with financial institutions, such as commercial banks, microfinance institutions, rural banks, cooperatives, and financial technologies), and/or SMEs, including partnership development, enterprise operations, financial and operational analysis, and/or product and service management, including:
- Demonstrated knowledge of program/project implementation, including building execution plans, work breakdown, financial and metric performance analysis. Appropriately escalates internal and/or client concerns.
- Effective communicator with a demonstrated ability to form strong relationships, both internally and externally.
- Believes in our mission and will do the work required to advance the enterprise. Language(s): Proficient (written and verbal) in English and Filipino.
- Exceptional client success orientation, with an understanding of relevant industry trends, market data, training and capacity building, and business case development to support the growth of the partnership.
- Effective communication skills towards larger-scale financial institutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of water supply and sanitation finance.
- Experience with market research and analysis.
- Language(s): Proficiency (written and verbal) in multiple regional languages is a plus.
Up to 10% of domestic travel. In some cases, travel to locations outside of the region may be required to support strategic and organizational requirements and events.
Being authorized to work in the country posted is a precondition of employment.
Salary and Benefits
This position offers country-specific benefits.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, military and veteran status, genetic information, and any other status protected by law. We provide qualified applicants and employees reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. We believe social change happens when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We strive to build and maintain a diverse team that will advance our mission and work and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.