Regional Human Resources Business Partner
Category: Full-Time / Exempt
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Human Resources
Location: New Delhi, India and Dhaka, Bangladesh
Effective: June 8, 2022
1 in 10 people around the world lack access to safe water and 1 in 4 people don’t have access to a toilet. We are working every day to change this. We are Water.org. We’re here to bring water and sanitation to the world. We want to make it safe, accessible and cost-effective because we believe that water is the way to empowering a bright future that we can all share in, worldwide. We are an international nonprofit organization based in Kansas City, Missouri that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world through access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, we pioneer market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis. For more than 25 years, we’ve been providing women hope, children health and families a future.
The Regional HR Business Partner will serve as a critical member of the HR team, to ensure that employees in the South Asian Region have a stimulating, rewarding and innovative place to work. This role will execute the HR strategy and operations for the South Asian Region, using their proven HR competencies, as well as their knowledge of the local culture and employment laws of the countries within South Asia. The Regional HR Business Partner will work closely with and will liaise between the home HR office and the country offices to support a variety of areas including:
- Recruiting & Selection
- Performance Management
- Learning & Development
- Career & Succession Planning
- Total Rewards, Employee Engagement
- Employee Relations & Policies
- Health, Safety & Compliance
- Employee Communications
The South Asian Region includes India and Bangladesh currently but may expand to include other countries. This position can be based in New Delhi, India or Dhaka, Bangladesh.
This role will report directly to the Sr. Manager, Human Resources.
Recruiting & Selection | Career & Succession Planning (25%)
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions
- Collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings
- Facilitates contract execution and tracking for local employment and consulting needs.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications
- Assists and guides conversations regarding workforce planning, in partnership with Country Leaders and the HR home office
- Administers career & succession planning processes and workflows
Total Rewards | Employee Engagement (20%)
- Manages day-to-day statutory and supplemental benefit plans programs including medical, life, and any other benefit plans
- Collaborates with Finance department to submit benefit invoices for payment and reconcile employee benefit premiums when needed
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs
Health, Safety & Compliance (20%)
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices
- Reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
Employee Relations & Policies | Performance Management (20%)
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations
- Supports managers and guides the processes for disciplinary matters, disputes, and investigations
- Guides the performance management processes to ensure timely, accurate and significant feedback
Learning & Development (15%)
- Partners with Country Leaders and HR home office to determine what training should be made available
- Communicates expectations for training and development to employees
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Individual contributor with no subordinates.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Some duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Internal interfaces will include HR home office team members, and team members from the countries across the South Asian Region
- External interfaces will include vendor relationship management
- Manage multiple projects and requests simultaneously, driving each to timely completion
- Liaise between and represent both the HR home office as well as the employees in the South Asian Region
- Act as HR Business Partner and advise country leaders on various related policies, procedures and guidelines
Skills and Competencies
- Shares complete and accurate information.
- Maintains confidentiality and meets personal commitments.
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
- Speaks openly and candidly when problems arise that could represent risk to the organization.
- Sets and maintains high performance standards.
- Pays close attention to detail, accuracy and completeness.
- Shows concern for all aspects of the job and follows up on work outputs.
- Interacts with people effectively and is able and willing to share and receive information.
- Co-operates within and across groups.
- Supports group decisions and puts organizational goals ahead of personal goals.
- Listens actively and checks for clear understanding
- Expresses ideas concisely and effectively.
- Organizes and delivers information appropriately in one-on-one, small group, large group, or presentation settings.
- Analyzes problems by gathering and organizing all relevant information.
- Involves a cross-section of stakeholders in problem solving process.
- Identifies cause and effect relationships.
- Initiates appropriate solutions to issues and problems.
- Takes personal responsibility for job performance.
- Completes work in a timely and consistent manner.
- Adheres to commitments.
- Proactively takes action to influence events.
- Generates ideas for improvement, takes advantage of opportunities and suggests innovations.
- Willing to do more than is required in position.
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Self-development – Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using other formal and informal development channels.
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages Ambiguity – Manages ambiguity by operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Instills Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Financial Stewardship – Demonstrates fiscally responsible decision making as applicable to one’s role.
- Bachelor’s Deree in Business Management or Human Resources; industry experience equivalency considered
- 6+ years of demonstrated HR generalist or specialist experience
- Progressive experience and knowledge of HR and financial and operational principles.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving work environment while managing independent workload and juggling multiple priorities
- Strong ability to build relationships cross-functionally and partner with leaders to deliver solutions that meet the business needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- Fluency in English and Hindi required. Fluency in other Indian or regional languages a plus.
- Up to 10% of domestic travel.
Salary and Benefits
This position offers country-specific benefits and market-based, competitive salary; as well as periodic review for merit pay based on organizational and personal achievement.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, military and veteran status, genetic information, and any other status protected by law. We provide qualified applicants and employees reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. We believe social change happens when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We strive to build and maintain a diverse team that will advance our mission and work and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.