Senior Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Senior Manager, Global Operations
Location: Kansas City, MO
1 in 10 people around the world lack access to safe water and 1 in 4 people don’t have access to a toilet. We are working every day to change this. We are Water.org. We’re here to bring water and sanitation to the world. We want to make it safe, accessible and cost-effective because we believe that water is the way to empower a bright future that we can all share, worldwide. We are an international nonprofit organization based in Kansas City, Missouri that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world through access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, we pioneer market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis. For more than 25 years, we’ve been providing women hope, children health and families a future.
The Senior Administrative Assistant within the Global Impact Department is responsible for professional service delivery to support the priorities and initiatives that result in improved workflow and communication across the department.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global Operations, this position will be a critical force- multiplier on projects and objectives related to making the department more cohesive, connected and, ultimately, support its effectiveness to deliver impact and value for the organization.
Global Impact department support (50%)
- Manage CGIO calendar according to guidelines provided; liaise with staff and external parties on CGIO availability.
- As assigned or directed, draft and edit general correspondence, presentations, documents, and reports; draft communications on behalf of CGIO and/or the GI Leadership team.
- Lead coordination of GI Leadership Team, GI Operating Reviews and department meetings, including scheduling across time zones, and arrange documentation, audio and visual technology that meets all participant needs and contributes to productivity; liaise with meeting participants.
- As applicable. manage travel for US GI team; research travel options, book domestic and international travel, manage travel changes, research international travel requirements, submit international visa applications, and ensure US GI team is well-equipped for travel.
- Act as primary point of contact for department information requests, department calendar, and/or meeting coordination with other departments.
- Assist with creation and delivery of key departmental communications and engagement efforts.
- Submit timely, accurate, and policy-compliant expense reports on behalf of the US hub team
Global Operations Planning & Project Support (30%)
- Coordinate department-level review and tracking of key initiatives, in conjunction with project leads and/or GI leadership. As applicable, serve as a project resource for department and/or organizational initiatives.
- Troubleshoot technology needs, including issue identification and resolution and the integration of new technology tools that enhance effectiveness.
- Support operational improvements by assisting in the development of tools and processes that enhance coordination within the Global Impact department.
In collaboration with the project lead/owner, coordinate participation at the department-level in events, conferences, and forums, including:
- Prepare briefing materials and ensure team members are well-equipped for meetings and events.
- Research and secure appropriate venues, catering, and necessary equipment; prepare and disseminate requisite information.
- Create event budgets, perform cost analysis, and liaise with vendors; prepare post- event analysis and reconcile all billing/invoices.
- Proactively identify meeting and event needs and resources to meet the objectives of the gathering and needs of the participants.
Documentation & Reporting (20%)
Maintain systems for storing and easily accessing relevant documentation and data via MS Office software applications and related platforms, including, but not limited to:
- Take accurate and relevant meeting minutes, disseminate key meeting information, and track follow through of action items from meetings.
- Assist with compiling reports, data and/or creating documentation in support of department-level initiatives.
- Develop, request, consolidate, format, archive, and proactively share meeting materials and follow-up information.
- Build and maintain fluency in technology-based information management relevant to job responsibilities.
- Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Skills and Competencies
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages Ambiguity – Manages ambiguity by operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- Three or more years of experience in a senior administrative support function in a complex operating environment required; five or more years of experience required in lieu of experience in a senior role.
- Proficiency in English (written and verbal)
- Associates degree and/or equivalent related work experience
- Experience in a global organization
- Demonstrated strength in a broad range of oral and written communications and supporting tools.
- Ability to coalesce disparate pieces of information into coherent communications, documents, and recommendations; demonstrated success in translating knowledge and context into action and outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and address team needs, developing solutions that demonstrate solid judgment and understanding.
- Ability to operate independently, informed by judgment honed through understanding of Water.org work, objectives and strategies.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, and Adobe software required. Eagerness to explore, adopt and disseminate new technologies to enhance efficiency desired (e.g., Teams, Office 365).
- Fluency in other languages
Being authorized to work in the country posted is a precondition of employment.
Salary and Benefits
This position offers full-time benefits inclusive of medical/dental insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement program; as well as periodic review for merit and incentive pay based on organizational and personal achievement.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, military and veteran status, genetic information, and any other status protected by law. We provide qualified applicants and employees reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. We believe social change happens when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We strive to build and maintain a dive rse team that will advance our mission and work and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply