Senior Partnership Account Manager
Reports to: Team Lead, Partnership Accounts
Location: SE Asia: Philippines
1 in 10 people around the world lack access to safe water and 1 in 4 people don’t have access to a toilet. We are working every day to change this. We are Water.org. We’re here to bring water and sanitation to the world. We want to make it safe, accessible and cost-effective because we believe that water is the way to empowering a bright future that we can all share in, worldwide. We are an international nonprofit organization based in Kansas City, Missouri that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world through access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, we pioneer market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis. For more than 25 years, we’ve been providing women hope, children health and families a future.
The Senior Partnership Account Manager in the Global Impact Department drives the growth and performance of partnership accounts within the assigned portfolio, ensuring consistent delivery against account priorities. This individual serves as a technical consultant, business advisor and/or implementer of partner-facing business plans and related programs. This role is a catalyst for the partner’s vision and brings an exceptional customer success mindset to identifying and delivering appropriate solutions to assigned partner accounts that leverage Water.org’s unique value.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Partnership Accounts, the Senior Partnership Account Manager is responsible for growing and retaining existing partner relationships, focusing on supporting execution of the region’s business strategy for the business line and related execution of programs and projects aimed building opportunities for shared value with a broad range of financial institutions and small and medium enterprises (SMEs), building and sustaining partnerships that: 1) mobilize capital for water supply and sanitation (WSS) for those in need, and 2) serve low-income households with innovative and affordable water and sanitation services (WSS) at scale.
Account Management + Delivery (40%)
Serves as the primary contact and advisor for assigned portfolio of partnerships, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction and retention. Ensures integrity of data used to drive decisions and verify outcomes of programs. Owns execution of partner-facing service delivery and related projects, and nurtures relationships to maximize successful performance, including but not limited to:
- Leads partner account management cycle for assigned portfolio, utilizing global frameworks, tools and methods for partnership design, solution design and field monitoring, and performance reporting.
- Develops and implements partner work plans and delivery of approved services to partners directly or via third parties, including IEC Materials, Technical Assistance, Financial Product Design, etc.
- Ensures regular cadence of engagement with the partner’s key stakeholders and in partnership with the Regional Insights function, ensures regular field monitoring and audits (as applicable) of partner’s activities.
- Facilitates design and resolution of service requests for existing relationships, engaging product experts as needed.
- Drives to understand and maintain knowledge of partners’ business and their needs to spot trends and translate insights into meaningful and actionable solutions for those partners.
- Provides timely and accurate reporting and analysis of account performance and related business metrics, including execution progress and forecast for impact plans and funding utilization to relevant business partners, such as Finance, Insights, and Award Management. Accountable for accuracy of all data provided to leadership.
- Identifies and escalates (as applicable) account, legal and/or compliance risks.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable organizational policies and procedures as well as local regulations and laws.
Business Development (40%)
Grows partnerships and maintains relationships with partners’ key decision makers within the assigned portfolio and/or geography to support the business line’s growth strategy and pipeline of potential financial institutions and SMEs interested in Water.org’s products and services, including but not limited:
- Explores and recommends potential partnerships, especially with banking institutions and fintech organizations to grow the portfolio.
- Makes partners aware of new offerings, proposing expansion of value created by new products and services.
- Participates in and supports regional coordination with respect to pipeline, lead generation, etc.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge and fluency to build solutions matching partner needs with the products and services offered by the enterprise. Consistently exhibit interpersonal attributes that will influence decision makers toward our products and services.
- Remaining current on the legal and regulatory environment and identifies likely impacts to partners’ operations and business objectives. Provides advisory and/or technical support to product and/or service offerings meet current and future needs.
- As applicable, contributes to design of new proposals and concept notes for new philanthropic funding.
- Accessing, sharing, and contributing to knowledge management within and outside of the region.
Technical + Project Advisory Services (20%)
- Contribute to the operations and account planning initiatives of the region.
- Act as subject matter expert in the design of partnerships, interventions, metrics, and/or program effectiveness initiatives and processes.
- Assist in the design of strategic and/or complex partnerships within the region, as needed.
- As applicable, oversee projects related to roll-out of new design frameworks and processes, ensuring their integration into day-to-day execution.
- Contribute to design of related training and capacity development to ensure execution readiness and skill development.
- Individual contributor with no subordinates.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of scope, stakeholders and linkages for every project, duty or responsibility but is intended to highlight internal or external processes, functions and jobs/roles that are expected to regularly interact with this position to deliver work. Scope may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Competencies
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages Ambiguity – Manages ambiguity by operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and/or equivalent related work experience
- A minimum of seven years of experience with business development and account management with financial institutions and/or SMEs, including development of partnerships and networks, enterprise financial and operational analysis, intervention and program design, implementation of global frameworks, tools and processes, including:
- Proven track record in developing accounts and partnerships.
- Proven track record of elevating account performance and ability to identify opportunities for growth and incremental opportunities with partners.
- Proven track record leveraging a consulting and business advisory approach with deep knowledge of relevant industry trends, market data, training and capacity building, and business case development to support the success of the partnership.
- Proficient in program/project management, including building execution plans, work breakdown, financial and metric performance analysis. Manages up and knows when to escalate internal and/or client concerns.
- Believes in our mission and will do the work required to advance the enterprise.
- Polished communicator with a demonstrated ability to form strong relationships, both internally and externally.
- Language(s): Fluency (oral and written) in English.
Up to 40% of domestic and regional travel. In some cases, travel to locations outside of the region may be required to support strategic and organizational requirements and events.
Being authorized to work in the country posted is a precondition of employment.
Salary and Benefits
This position offers country-specific benefits and market-based, competitive salary; as well as periodic review for merit and incentive pay based on organizational and personal achievement.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, military and veteran status, genetic information, and any other status protected by law. We provide qualified applicants and employees reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. We believe social change happens when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We strive to build and maintain a diverse team that will advance our mission and work and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.